Christmas In July
Thanks to one of our customers for sharing this heavenly recipe for Spiced Gingerbread to help bring some festive cheer to your Christmas in July celebrations.
The aroma of the spices creates a warm and cosy atmosphere in your kitchen – perfect for a cold winters day.
Prep time just 20 mins! Ingredients available at Scoop Wholefoods.
- 2 Tablespoons milled chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160 C degrees. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Combine the chia seeds, flax meal and water in a small bowl. Whisk with a fork and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Place the pumpkin seeds and sliced almonds in a food processor. Pulse for 20 seconds. Add the coconut oil, honey, almond butter, molasses and flax-chia mixture. Pulse for 20 seconds. Add the shredded coconut, almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and sesame seeds. Pulse until well combined.
- Use a large spoon to mix the cranberries and chocolate pieces into the dough.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan. Smooth out the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Once cooled, loosen the sides with a knife, then invert onto a cutting board. Remove the parchment paper by peeling off carefully. Cut into bars. Enjoy!